Here’s How it Works:
- In December, a list of children will be available online.
- First, choose a name from our list. Signing up to be a child’s Valentine means that you agree to make a Valentine’s Day care package for that child. Be sure to spread the word to any of your friends who may want to sign up as well!
- Be creative and fill the care package with age appropriate items, selected with love and care.
- Label the gift with the child’s number, first name, last initial, and age BEFORE placing in a box for shipping.
- We will gladly accept a donation of $10 to help defray shipping cost, if you are able.
- Ship to THE VALENTINE PROJECT so that it arrives by January 25, 2018.
- Helpers at The Valentine Project headquarters can feel the love as they carefully open and inspect each package.
- Contents are lovingly placed in a new 12″x9″x6″ box and shipped to the child’s home in time for Valentine’s Day.
- The package arrives on the doorstep of a child who could sure use a reason to smile. That child will feel the love and care you put into the Valentine’s Day package you made especially for them!
Please send your packages as soon as you can. Remember, packages must arrive to The Valentine Project Headquarters by January 25, 2018.
We are grateful to all of the volunteers who helped us send smiles across the miles on Valentine’s Day 2017. Over 850 children received a care package this year! Please continue to help us spread the word by following us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. THANK YOU!
Below are examples of what some children have received.